Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Blunt as a spoon!

Lately I've noticed that I've become far more blunt than I once was. It's not in a hurtful way, but in a "I care too much to lie and I don't have time to give this a positive spin" way.
Strangely enough, this doesn't worry me. I've come to really value people in my life who "tell it like it is" all the time. They are the most helpful. In fact, at least 3 times this week I've said the following:
*I love you too much to lie to you
*Sorry to be blunt, but grown-folks say what they mean

It's working now..but if I continue at this rate, I have a feeling I'll be the old lady in a red hat that embarrasses her family ha ha ha.

How often do you "tell it like it is"?
Who is that person for you?
Do you ever worry about becoming a red-hat lady? :)


and to that end..

It's been a long hard year
and I've been staring in the mirror wondering
just who's staring back.

I realize I've changed
and in this case it's a good thing
For the first time, in a long time, I like what I see.

I remember when this use to be so easy....
before everything I said was true.
Perfect? By no means, but now I hold my head high
because the thing I like most about me is You.

1 comment:

Farah said...

I tell it more and more like it is the older I get. I used to be a regular "faker and a fraud" just because I was so worried about other's feelings--until I realized to not tell them was worse for them than to have a little hurt feeling or two. I have been of late praying for more people in my life to tell it, so thanks for being an answer to prayer in more ways than one.